Friday 5 July 2013

JUNE FILES: GISELLE

Good evening everyone. I hope you've all had a wonderful week. I'd like to start by apologizing and explaining  my absence over the past couple weeks. Its been an awful 2 weeks or thereabout. Our internet connection was down for quite sometime, my camera has been having a number of Diva moments(, it still is). So in the mean time,  I've found a temporary alternative in my friend's camera, pending when I can fix things permanently. To top up  an already horrid week, I had the worst flu I've ever had and it dragged for almost the entire week . For those of you who care, I've made a full recovery thank you very much :D  and now to the actual event... Giselle. 

So I promised 2 weeks ago to share pictures of my outfit from the evening of Giselle as well as some details with you all , (hey better late than never) so here goes. I had been saving this black velvet top for an evening with some sort of romantic ambiance and what  ambiance could be more romantic than my night out at the royal ballet with Giselle. It is such a beautiful piece and for those of you who are familiar with the story line, Giselle for obvious reasons is  regarded as a tragedy, however I am of a completely different opinion. I thought the redeeming quality of Giselle's love for Albrecht somehow turned what ought to have been a complete tragedy, into one of the greatest love stories of all time. Giselle is a nice departure from your typical damsel in distress type stories and unlike most of these stories, the victim (Giselle) somehow emerges the unlikely heroine, not armed with superhuman strength or weapons but armed rather with the violence of her affection for her beloved Albrecht.








Thank you all for reading...xxx

                                                                               OUTFIT
                                                         Top and Skirt : Zara, Earrings: F21
                                                          Bracelet : Swarovski, Clutch : Zara
                                                                            Shoes: Miss KG

                                                                                     



Pin It! Follow on Bloglovin Instagram

41 comments:

  1. Chic, romantic and elegant.... Amazing look... I like your earrings!
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit <3

    thelovelywildside.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so chic! That top is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful dress
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle.. But its actually a top and skirt :)

      Delete
  5. Teresa,
    What a lovely outfit, so perfectly suited to a great Ballet. You wear black so well and i LOVE the shoes, just the right touch of pattern! Well done.
    I am truly glad you are feeling better, it does sound like you had quite the ordeal, too.
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Elle! I did have quite the ordeal!Its very sweet of you to care .. Xxx

      Delete
  6. You look stunning. I love the heels! xx

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful Teresa.... very elegant outfit!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your style! XoXo

    I waiting for you on my blog!

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Patti! I will definitely visit your blog..xxx

      Delete
  9. Very elegant! perfect to go to a Ballet!

    XX

    www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. elegant anf classy! Looks amazing on you

    http://themissore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous outfit! So chic:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  12. cant wait to see the next
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look great!
    the dress is so cute!

    xx
    www.pretpenser.com
    www.pretpenser.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. really nice style! juss came across your blog..wld love it if u drop by my blog sometime and if u like wanna follow eachother.. :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! i'll definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  15. I LOVE EVERYTHING!
    You have such great blog!
    Keep it up!
    Let's follow each other!

    xoxo

    www.slimkidinside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super elegant!

    Happy Monday! =)

    addictbeiconic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look very pretty!
    Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Love,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Simone! Sure.. follow me and let me know so i can follow right back.

      Delete
  18. Woww super chic <3! I love the blog, so I follow you! follow me too?

    http://www.violetajanji.blogspot.com.es
    http://www.violetajanji.blogspot.com.es

    I'm giving away a beautiful Chanel cover for mobile in my blog, sign up!

    ReplyDelete